Monday, March 11, 2019

I Am A New Mom

If you are looking at my unkempt hair,
If my disheveled clothes are inviting your stare 🤨
I want you to know that I don't  care.💁

I may choose to deliver naturally or go under the knife 🔪
It's my decision, it's my body, it's my life 💃

I may choose to give formula or choose to breastfeed;🍼
Your advice is something I certainly don't need 😷

I may choose to give a pacifier or rock my baby to sleep;🤱
The choices are mine and their consequences I keep 😎

I may choose to go back to work or choose to stay at home.👩‍💻
All I know is I won't adhere to the norm 👩‍🎤

I may choose to shout for help or do it all by myself,👧
That does not make me lesser of a woman or a magical elf 🧝‍♀

I may hire a nanny or seek support from family,🏠
My choices do not define my intent or capability 💪

I may practice co-sleeping or I may get a separate cot.🛏
I won't deal with judgements, when I am already dealing with a lot 🙄

I may or may not allow television, mobile or gadgets,📲
And I won't carry the baggage of guilt or regrets 👜

I am doing the best for my family, in the given situation 👨‍👩‍👧
Neither am I seeking your approval, nor your validation.✔

I am learning to be a better Mom every single day.💁
And though it is super difficult, I know I'll find my way 😇

Every child is unique and so is every Mom!👼
Every journey is special in its own unique form! 🛣

No comments:

Post a Comment